Are you looking for a complete guide for QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool? Then, we are here to help you by giving you all the information about it. QBCD tool will help help to resolve the H-series error and 6000 series error that occur on your system. This tool is very useful and it is launched by Intuit. So, in this article, we will discuss how to download and install QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool. and how you can use this tool to troubleshoot the issues which appear on your device.
What is QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool:
This tool is launched by Intuit to troubleshoot the networking issues which occur when the user is working. The networking issues error is like the multi-user issues, H-series issue code (H101, H202, H303, and H505), and the 6000 series issues code (6000 77, 6000 80, 6000 83, 6000 304 and 6000 832, etc).
Compatibility of QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool with:-
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- QuickBooks Version 2008 and new versions
- QuickBooks Enterprise solutions 8.0 or new version.
Benefits to installing QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool:
- It will fix the issues related to the firewall port.
- You can troubleshoot the QuickBooks database connecting issues.
- It will help to connect QuickBooks to the database.
- You can resolve the QuickBooks 6000 series and H series error code.
- Easily access the QuickBooks Database.
- Fix the QuickBooks corrupted and damaged file.
- If you lose the entries of the employee’s list then it will fix it.
Download QuickBooks Connection Tool:
Follow all the below-mentioned steps correctly to download the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool:-
- Firstly, you have to visit the official website of Intuit and click on QuickBooks diagnostic tool download option.
- On desktop save the downloaded file.
- Now, launch the installer (QBInsaller_tool_vs.exe).
- After that, close all the background running applications.
- Select the QBInstall_tool_vs.exe.
- Then, reboot the PC and check that your internet connection is proper or not.
- Turn off all the running processes.
- At last, the software eliminates all the issues.
Install the Connection Diagnostic Tool:
Follow the below steps to install your QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool:-
- Firstly, you have to make sure that no other tool has been installed on your system. If yes, then you have to first uninstall them so that the diagnostic tool will work properly.
- Now, visit the OEM website and download the installation package. Then, from the PC remove the file.
- Then, open the setup and follow the prompts.
- When the installation procedure is complete then wait until the tool is launched.
- Now, select the directory which has the company files.
- Make sure that the network connectivity option is not needed if you are a single user.
- Note the username and password and tap on Ok.
- Then select any one of them the host system or workstation PC.
- At last, you have to wait till the issue is detected by the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool.
How to use QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool:
When the tool is downloaded and installed then right-click on the tool icon to run the device and follow the below-mentioned steps:-
1. Firewall Status
This area displays basic instructions about the firewall.
2. Diagnose Connection Tab
This tool will help to test the computer to make sure that the company file is accessible from a computer whether it is single-user or multi-user. If the firewall or port is blocked or the permission is wrong, then an error can result.
3. Test connectivity
This area will help you to verify the workstation’s connectivity. And if you want to test your computer’s connectivity then below are the steps:-
- Click on the button which is next to the company file to search your company file.
- Then, if the network is set up on alternate mode, then only the Linux system.
- Select the change Hosting Server Checkbox.
[Note that: before you use the connectivity test, then all statuses occur as “Not Applicable”]
When you run the test Connectivity then you will see statuses in green (no problem) and red (problem found).
- Go to the Test Connectivity button.
- If you open the file and the status appears in red that indicates the test failed. After that, choose the option What do these mean?
- When you fix that status then again run the tool and verify that there are any other problems.
- When the File open status receives a successful message on the server, then apply this to each client computer that has QuickBooks.
The QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool is designed to automatically detect and resolve issues with the help of these components:-
- Net Framework
Solution 1: Install QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool to fix Microsoft.NET, C++, and MSXML.
Solution 2: Resolve the problem manually with Microsoft components.
Solution 3: Installing QuickBooks in selected startups.
Solution 4: Perform windows update to install the missing update.
For more, you can check: Quickbooks Error 6000
In this article, we discuss how to use the QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool and some steps to download and install this tool. I hope this article will be helpful for you and resolve your system issues. If you have any other issues then also visit our other articles to resolve them.